Friday, March 20, 2009

Introduction

The question is the same, but it has a new home. Welcome to Celestial Vibration. The new home of Are Friends Electric? my weekly radio show on KAOS, 89.3 FM, Olympia, WA. I had previously been using Facebook notes to send little messages, in little bottles; this will be more consistent. More thorough. You can subscribe to the RSS feed on the right hand side and be updated with my most recent posts.

Celestial Vibration is named after various outputs by Edward Larry Gordon, the prolific ambient, experimental creator. It is important to note that my selections of music are largely influenced by my friends, and in fact, is in many ways a collage of their tastes. Bryan Fordney is unquestionably the most influential of my companions and I am convinced by each of our correspondences, that he is my musical doppleganger, not to say that he's copping my style - far from it. So much props to all my pals.

I hope that, along with Are Friends Electric?, I can begin to catalog some of my other endeavors and I hope you won't mind the fluff.

1 comment:

  1. oh yeah? ui would like to do a few mixes that are not are-friends-electric-ish. ive been meaning fora while to do an ambient/experimental mix. but it takes awhile, and goddamn it is so hard to pick the right tracks.

    ReplyDelete